Tutorials

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Wednesday Craft Group - Gingerbread men


The girls wanted to do something festive at craft this week and I saw the cutest little gingerbread men hanging decoration tutorials on both Linda's blog Natural Suburbia and at Sarah's Waldorf Playroom; so that is what we did. So much fun and so simple. Thank you to you both for a fabulous idea!

Yesterday was our last craft group for the year (most of me is screaming out with joy - it has been a very busy year; part of me is a little sad and lost...I have handed over the co-ordinator pin cushion and thread box to my friend Sarah who is bravely stepping forth into the role next year. I have promised to hang around and be second fiddle, so blogging will continue).

We had a shared morning tea while we made our gingerbread men (my big girl made actual gingerbread people for us to eat) and the group gave me a beautiful card and gift to thank me for my efforts this year. It is a really good feeling to know you are appreciated, and it couldn't have come at a better time.


I've still got loads of crafty bits in my drawers, so I'll be back with other posts on other days...and maybe even Wednesdays, you never know your luck!

5 comments:

Linda said...

Hello Dear Shannon,
The gingerbread men are wonderful!! So beautiful:) Thank you so much for sharing.
xo
Linda
PS Thanks for linking to my tutorial:)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful & inspiring as always. What a lovely card.

gardenmama said...

So lovely Shannon, such sweet little gingerbreads! : )

W-S Wanderings said...

Heart-felt...I LOVE it! And I felt hungry as soon as I saw those charming gingerbread decorations, which must mean they are a very convincing rendition :-)

Blessings...

Ronnie said...

Ohhh they are sweet.
I hope the crafty postings continue! but boy what a job.
take care
xoxo